View single post by Steve Jarvis
 Posted: 08-12-2007 09:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Steve Jarvis

After a bunch of checking and adjusting here's where I am:
  • The end at the clutch pedal is engaged properly and seated in as far as it will go.
  • I checked the clutch lever and it is on the pivot point. A bit of challenge to accomplish, but a small mirror, a coat hanger and a hot glue gun and I was able to see the other end of the lever. And yes it is possible to reinstall without pulling the transmission and bell housing.
  • The end  near the transmission is seated up to the nylon lip.
  • The only thing left is that the cable is too short. The measurement from the edge of the housing to the end of the threaded rod is 6 3/8".
  • After lengthening the threaded rod so that it fit per instructions in the shop manual, the measurement is 7". This has slightly less than 1/8" thread after the locking nut.
Next step is to go for a drive when the rain stops and see if the clutch disengages properly.

Completed the drive and clutch works much better. The disengage point is about 1/3 of the way to the floor. The original issue was the clutch was dragging even though the pedal was completely depressed and no adjustment in the cable lever.

Appears the only two potential issues are 1) cable is too short or 2) the pivot point is not properly seated. Does anyone have a measurement from the face of the bell housing to the second lock nut?

Steve

Last edited on 08-15-2007 11:38 pm by Steve Jarvis