View single post by Lash Russell
 Posted: 07-21-2007 12:41 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Lash Russell

Hi Ron,

Went through your entire portfolio of phots, kudos to you man, you have done a very impressive job with your race car!!!!  Can't even imagine the amount of work you have put into this. 

Looking at the one picture you have of the rear view of the transmission installed in the car it looks like the original setup.  A couple of questions regarding the mounting:

1)  When you mention the GM mount, do you mean the rubber isolator mount itself?  If so, I'm guessing this GM mount is very similar dimensionally to the original Jensen Healey part and bolts directly to both the transmission bracket and the crossmember, is this correct? 

3)  Also, I believe there are several GM tranny mounts through the years, do you know what car / model / year it came from or the GM / Chev / Pontiac, etc part no.?

4)  Did you use the original Jensen crossmember?  If so, how did you attach the new studs for mounting further back?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance.  I'm just trying to figure this all out.

Lash