View single post by Lash Russell
 Posted: 07-18-2007 12:41 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Lash Russell

First posting, I thought I'd jump in.  I am at the near end of a conversion from the 4 speed to the 5 speed Getrag.  I installed the new pilot bearing, newly ground flywheel, pressure plate, disc, TO bearing and of course the newly rebuilt Getrag 5 speed.  Having felt very good about the progress I went to support the tranny on the freshly blasted and painted tranny support only to find that the location for the mounting studs needs to be approx 3-5 inches behind those for the four speed.

Has anybody come across this before?  I'm thinking the studs are some kind of flat head type (I should have looked before I was finished for the evening) that are likely tack welded to the floorboard from the topside.  Does anybody have experience with adding new tranny support studs after this said conversion?  I'll want to leave the original studs for one of those "just-in-case" scenarios where I have the the ability to revert back to the old 4 speed if I need to.  I would have guessed that both 4 and five speed support studs would have been in the same location, oh well!!!!  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Lash Russell