View single post by edward_davis
 Posted: 06-19-2007 11:10 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
edward_davis

Mdutch:
I've had pretty good luck with the facet-style pumps (If you call two new pumps in two years good....).  They work great until they break all of a sudden, and I think the older-style solid-state ones will last longer than the newer computer chip ones.  The last one of mine that broke was a top of the line unit that (as a supposed feature) didn't make the thumping sound when it was running.  'Course, I couldn't tell when it wasn't running, either.  Fortunately, I ran out of gas in my parking space at home while discussing directions with my wife.

In my opinion, the Facet pumps are nice because they're cheaper, but I don't expect them to be more or less reliable than the Lucas units.  I'm using one because the PO set the fuel system up for it.

A pressure regulator is a must, though, to keep the ol' arterial squirts at bay.  Dunno about the stainless lines; I'm just keeping costs low now until I can afford to get all the body work done that I want.

I like your plan, though.  It sounds a lot like the ideas I have for my JH.  I'll be interested to see how it goes.  Be sure to document it on the JHPPG.

-Edward