View single post by andrewo
 Posted: 06-04-2007 01:26 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
andrewo

I have followed the instructions, used the orange gaskets, replaced everything with fresh hardware, cleaned with a tap, etc. etc. etc. and these d**m thing just won't seal. The intake is fine, but the exhaust side leaks at the back no matter what I do. I thought I had it fixed today when I looked at it with a dental mirror an saw a gap. I actually tightened it, which seemed to close the gap, but it still leaks.

I am not talking about the "When I drive for two hours I get a drop" variety of leak. If the engine is running for more than a minute, there is a cloud of oil smoke coming off the exhaust manifold, and a puddle on the ground. I have been working on this car in fits and starts for 7 years, and it is time to get it done. It is very close, but if I can't get this solved it will just sit there and frustrated me.

Does anyone in the SD area actually know how to get this gasket sealed? I will buy pizza, beer, or whatever other refreshments you want if someone is just willing to come and work through it with me. I live pretty close to Qualcomm Stadium, near the intersections of 8 and 15. Next weekend is shot already, but the following is wide open. I might even be able to do an evening during the week.