View single post by timeforwalkies
 Posted: 06-03-2007 11:35 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
timeforwalkies

Data from Clif (timeforwalkies)
VIN 19714.  Original engine number
B74 12 1065 now on stand.
1974 5 speed with rubber bumpers.  Purchased Dec 1974 from Oakland British Motors.  Not the collector car they said it would be.
Purchased by present owner in Oakland, Ca and now in Santa Rosa, Ca.
74,000 origional miles.  Still on second set of CN36's and in pretty good shape considering.
Replace clutch at 65,000 miles and did all work.  Except valve adjustments.  No guts.
Garage queen since 1996.
Project complete.  2.2 full conversion including 45's,  head by West Coast Racing with 104 cams, Full Pertronix, and Lotus valve covers.  Work completed by Huffaker Eng. at Sonoma Raceway
2.2 Rebuilt engine is B74 09 9266.  No knowledge of where this engine came from.
In Oct of 2017 this car saved my life as I had planned to leave it in a field in hopes it would survive the Santa Rosa fire.  It would not have and it's spirit somehow blew the keys to my 1986 Westfalia out of sight in the dark night and I had to run back to the JH and drive out through the fire lapping at our driveway.  Only damage was a scorch mark on the hood, top and a few on the seats and carpet.  I now call her Christine.  I did lose the original engine and a huge quantity of spare parts I had been collecting for years

Second car is for parts.  Runs but needs help.  Gas tank and battery will get this car back on the road. 
VIN 18928.  Don't know if engine is original but Number is B74 09 8949
1974 4 speed.
The second car has moved on.  Sold in October.  Now in the hands of an obsessed NOBBC member it is a running and drivable  JH and is now ready for it's rebirth ride on New Years day, 2011.This car did not do as well as it burned and is no longer with us.  Sorry for your loss DC.  This fire hurt a lot of people.
Good luck DC.

Question:  Is there a record of the VIN number/engine number that makes these cars matching number cars?

Last edited on 06-10-2019 05:09 am by timeforwalkies