View single post by flatlanderep
 Posted: 06-01-2007 05:03 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
flatlanderep

Hi everyone,
First off, thanks to everyone who helped me through the Pertronix distributor install.
But now I have a new set of questions. Please bear with me here.
New pertronix distributor is in, new plugs, new wires, new Pertronix coil. Timing is set to 12 ^ BTDC. Plugs gapped to .035.
I can't remember if the Jensen was hesitating before the new dizzy install. But anyway, the car has major hesitation, stumbling, flatspot during light acceleration. Especially during 3rd gear.
So I understand that most suspected carb problems are actually ignition problems, but all the ignition stuff is up to spec. (oh yeah the ballast resistor is bypassed as well - just wired the two wires together).
I suspect it's the carbs because the previous owner stated that he adjusted the carbs by adjusting only one screw (the idle screw) on the rear carb. So they have to be out of sync for sure.
Does it sound like I'm on the right track if my next step is to sync the Strombergs up?
I'm going to buy the tool off JC Whitney that someone posted on here a while back.

Oh yeah no vacuum leaks, the one that was on the original distributor is t'eed up.