View single post by Judson Manning
 Posted: 03-29-2007 02:36 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Judson Manning

All good advice Pete.  I've been running Porterfield HPS (R-4s?)on my street cars for years.  After trying Hawk Blue (and destroying a set of rotors in one race), I decided to try their version of HP Street on the JH.  Jury is still out, but MUCH better than the purely street pads I've sourced from Delta in the past.

To be honest, with everything else I've been concentrating on, rear brakes just weren't a priority Three sets of really crappy Spax shocks had me doing spins in the infield at Roebling and zero control at TGPRI.  Delta's new KYBs are MUCH better and at least allowed me to stay on track - such a simple concept!

I agree with what you're saying, the JH is a challenge to drive, but that's part of the fun.  It is purely for fun, and in my case (considering Ron's bad luck) I was happy just to get an official time.  The rest of the Solo I events this year are higher-speed (aka class 3&4 events), and 13492 needs a full cage to compete.  She made it to her one event this year, competed well, and lived up to her racing heritage - mission accomplished.

Anyone else have more pics of their racing/autocross adventures???