View single post by Faded92MX5
 Posted: 02-19-2007 01:20 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Faded92MX5

Okay, I found this website while browsing for information on the Jensen Healey, which, before today, I knew practically nothing about. I thought someone may be interested in the car, and would rather see someone get use out of it, rather than it be crushed.

Here is the story:

I went to look at a VW Beetle parts car with a friend of mine on Saturday. The seller also had this sitting in his back yard. From a distance, looking at just the rear end, I thought it was a Triumph TR-6, and walked over to look at it. I quite fancy TR-6s, and so I just had to have a look. But, as I got closer, I realized it was something different. THIS is what it was. The guy selling the Beetle told me that his dad used to do some mechanic work on the side in the 70s and 80s, and in 1980 had taken this in to be worked on. I don't know what was wrong with it, but the engine was pulled, and disassembled. When he told the owner what it would take to fix it, he must have run away screaming and was never heard from again. So, there it sat...for twenty six years, until the first non-redneck (me) walked into the back yard and showed some interest in it.

So, my plan was to buy it, and maybe turn it into a track day car...but after some research, I don't think that would be very cost effective or feasible for that matter.

From what I saw, its pretty much complete, and the interior doesn't seem too bad off. Most of the rust was on the surface, and I couldn't find any big holes. I couldn't see much of the bottom side though. Its probably a nightmare under there.

If anyone is interested in this, let me know. The guy is going to make sure his father doesn't want it for any reason (which is highly doubtful) and judging by the price of the Beetle my friend picked up, it will be dirt cheap. If you aren't quite local, I can go back and take a lot more pictures (and also get the VIN, but I believe this is an MK2) and I may even be willing do deliver...for a fee. But, all this can be discussed when the time comes.

Attachment: jhealey.jpg (Downloaded 166 times)