View single post by James Wilson
 Posted: 01-10-2007 06:31 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
James Wilson

????

Do they sell the rubber cushions that mount on the tops of the springs? These are what I'm enquiring about, and they cost about £36 + 17.5% VAT  (~$80) each here.

I've asked a Triumph vendor about the size of ones for a TR6 and now have the information that those are too small.

I've got a full set of the Superpro bushings to use, and I intend to get all new hardware.

I may pass on the powder-coating and paint it all instead. That would save a couple of weeks in waiting for the parts to be done, and £100-200.

I may also re-use the more expensive components from the existing car rather than rebuild it all- thinking particularly about the brakes/disks and hubs/bearings - they're in pretty good shape as far as can be told. Doing that would save about £200.

That would leave a little more money for the engine. And maybe some to keep the wife sweet, too....

I had the leaf springs for my Big Healey done and think that local company can re-work the J-H front and rear springs to yield a higher rate, and lower the rear ones too.