View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 01-10-2007 02:03 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

Erik, you asked, "Dan,  I remember you saying that Gary Kemp advised you to open up the water passage near the waterpump in the head a little more, correct? I assume you are rebuilding a stock 907 2.0L engine & head, correct?"

The answer to both questions is Yes. Also, I live in a very hot desert climate. June typically runs 30 straight days of 100 plus degree temperatures and does not drop much below 95^ even at night. It can get up to 115^ easily on some summer days around here. I must have as much cooling as possible. I have the three core radiator and will be opening up the water inlet into the block as suggested by Garry. I plan on adding the water port to the back of the head and installing either a brass or copper fitting. If I could find a turbo water pump cheap enough I would go to one for the added cooling. I can use every little bit to keep the engine from overheating in the summer around here. My old Sunbeam Tiger could not be driven past 11:00a.m. around here due to overheating issues. I don't want to run into the same issue with my JH.