View single post by James Wilson
 Posted: 01-09-2007 04:39 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
James Wilson

It is rusted, and I did intend to have it sand blasted. I've stripped everything else down and these are the only things left to remove. Once these are out I'll wire brush it and take a good look at its condition before I spend money on blasting and finishing it. I got it free so there's no great loss in binning it.

I could get another sub-frame easily enough and pretty cheaply. The only problem would be the rest of a car coming along with it, and it may not be in any better shape.

The plan was to rebuild this sub-frame and then mount my re-built engine and Eclat/Toyota transmission to it to then easily and quickly swap for the old/existing subframe/Engine/Transmission.

I may end up using the old sub-frame and not bothering with trying to go further with this one-  that would be the cheaper option but the car would be off the road and hanging on jack stands for far longer.

Its not a cost issue particularly, but of trying to minimizing the down-time. I just hated the idea of having to spend a lot on the spring seats when TR ones are so very much cheaper.