View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 12-29-2006 08:02 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

Hi Kurt, that is very interesting. I don't know exactly who the first owner was of my car. All i know is that it was meant to go to the US as it was a stromberg/US set-up. But i was told my car never reached the US but went to Switzerlands instead. I do have information on the previous Swiss owner. It could well be the car did go to the US before it went to Switzerland... My vin is 15175

Dan, you are right; you can't use the vacuum advance with Dellorto's. You need to blank it off. There should be some info on how to do this here on this board. However the cost of having it refurbished and new weights/advance curve is most likely as much as getting a new one.

You can get a NEW dizzy for your JH/Lotus without the vacuum advance part and ready for your high performance 2.2L engine. Check with Delta and ask for the Pertronix Flame Thrower High Performance 45D Distributor for British Engines and discuss a proper advance curve for your car. It comes equipped with a Pertronix Ignitor II. Introductory price is $ 215.95

erik

Last edited on 12-29-2006 08:05 am by Harkes