View single post by Greg Fletcher
 Posted: 12-28-2006 09:03 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Greg Fletcher

I have no doubt that the doweling is helpful, I just think it's more than most of us need. I have my 2.2 project waiting in the wings for after I get my restoration car back on the road (the car has a stock engine in at the moment). For the kind of driving I do, I don't think I need to spend the time and money on doweling the block. I just need a fun, go-fast sports car that can get up to 95mph with little effort and be able to cruise local highways at 80mph, or be able to sit in traffic for hours at a time in blistering summer temps. I'm not going to be thrashing it at any track events. The old 907 in my last JH did a great job all those of years of everyday driving without any problems so I don't see any need to fix what isn't broken.

The original water pump is more than adequate as long as the impeller is not damaged and is set correctly. We do need the 3 row radiators in California, a 907 that set up right with a 3 row radiator will never overheat. My old JH did the Death Valley British Car Endurance Run one July some years back (118 degrees F) and ran as cool as a cucumber.