View single post by Brett Gibson JH5 20497
 Posted: 04-22-2005 12:15 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Jim, you dont say if your loosing oil or anti freeze, but lets say your oil is OK and coolant is the culprit because the smoke is white, logic say's you have to be burning something, Ric came up with alot of very good things for you to check, so now we also hear temp's an issue so throw expansion and contraction into the mix, one of the first things to get hot when you start up is the head but on the other score what ever has coolant in it will heat up slower around the coolant contact area's, bear with me Jim I'm talking to myself as I'm typing this, so it seems to point in the direction of head intake manifold issues, the easiest thing to check first would be a compression check, if that looks good then the head gasket is OK, then I would do a pressure check of the cooling system to see if that holds it pressure, I'm thinking this is were you will run into trouble and if you do one of the first things I'd look at would be the inlet manifold gasket, after that then I would lean towards a crack in either the manifold or head ...............

Hope my ramblins help ..................  Brett