View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 12-16-2006 04:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

Kurt, you make a good point about the factory job aligning and installing the two existing dowels. I tried to get my regular machine shop to do the work and they said they could not do it and it would take a CNC machine to align them correctly. So, I ended up using two different machine shops since my regular shop didn't have a CNC machine. Now I have to take all my engine parts to my regular machine shop that has the equipment to line hone the block, hone my liners (they are already bored .030 but have7500 miles on them. You can still see the original hone marks and they look new but don't want to take a chance) and finally have them do a precision balance. I already modified the oil galley feed tube to the head. The head has already been modified with new larger SS exhaust valves, lightly ported and polished, new seats and new guides. Have purchased a set of the newer style cam carriers but they have not arrived yet. Also waiting on my aluminum flywheel so the balance will have to wait.