View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 12-16-2006 12:31 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

Is it possible to keep a dynamic list of the machine shop work most commonly done on a Jensen Healey engine during the rebuild process with associated costs? It would be helpful to have some kind of resource to go to as a guideline to determine the cost of modifications and rebuilding our engines.  I have read just about everything I could get my hands on about rebuilding and modifying our engines. The only costs I have really seen are from Greg's great write up about his car and the costs associated with his restoration. My problem is trying to determine the cost of things before they are done or in using cost information to decide if it is worth doing. I'm finding that the costs I'm being quoted are two to three times what Greg paid. I don't know if this is due to the area I am in or if prices have just gone up or if I'm being ripped off. I really have nothing to judge the prices against. In many cases in my area there is only one place or person who can do the things I need done. It would be helpful to have some prior knowledge to negotiate from. Is there anyone who is a member who could help us out and keep up some kind of list and associated prices having to do with engine rebuilding and just submit it to Greg so he could possibly set up one more page under TECH stuff. If I can help I would be happy to. Just need some input.