View single post by Ricardo
 Posted: 04-21-2005 10:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ricardo

Remindme of......ME!!!!  My high school was (or maybe still is, I don't know) called Brooklyn H.S. of Automotive Trades, better known as Automotive H.S. in Brooklyn N.Y. since then I've been envolved with engines, transmissions and overall car tinkering.

I've worked in Conrad Racing Porsches, Masseratti Boras, Lamborguini Espadas all the way to giant Diesels like EMDs (20 cyl. electricity generating powerplants).

I've fitted small and big blocks in Chev Vegas, Falcons, etc, as a matter of fact there is a 5.7 block (Chev.) in the bed of my pickup truck, the pistons, etc in boxes next to it, the heads, recently done at a machine shop are sitting in the passenger side floor and right now I don't have anything to put it in !!!,   Now I own a J.H.

I fell in love with this little car as soon as I lay my eyes on it; I've owned cars like the Hemy GTX, 340"Cuda, Boss 302, SS Nova, (Wish I have them now !!!!)

The JH have a subtle attraction, but in my book and in my mind it needs improvement; without doing away with the 907, I think I can twick it a little (is going to be expensive !!!) with an Electromotive System of digital multiport fuel injection and crank triggered ignition, oversize pistons, bigger valves and 107/104 cams (the JH store) and see what comes out of it; also the convertion to the Toyota 5 speed, bigger brakes and getting the wheel adaptors to be made in a different bolt pattern like 4 x 100 to install 15, 16 or 17"s wheel;s and tires,  poly bushings, etc (the JH store again !!!)

Will I be critical of whomever changes an engine, tranmission, electrical system or  the one that adheres to the utmost in originality?   NO, we all have our own indosincracies, likes, dislikes, dreams and points of view.

The only thing I will not like at all is if we start to disuade people that want to do this changes just because some of us are purists or not; lets learn from every one, most probably we'll find ways of doing things, methods and new ideas that we could use that other wise we would never know.

As for me, I enjoy everyones projects, their ideas, the incredible amount of expertise that lives in our members and the knowledge that comes from extensive experience, I learn how to do this and that, what not to do, what works and what doesn't and if I'm able to give also from my own experience and help someone I'm happy too.

That's what makes this message board unique, lets keep it that way.

Ricardo