View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 12-14-2006 02:56 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

I can't agree more with Greg's advice. I've asked many of these questions before and I'm in the middle of doing the 2.2L update as I write this. I just came from the machine shop today and photographed my engine block and bearing carrier being modified to accept the addition of dowels to all ten bolts surrounding the main bearings. They should be finished by tomorrow. I modified the oil feed galley to the head myself and can send you photos and the information on doing this yourself. Make sure you get the crank and all the parts that mount to the crank precision balanced as Greg suggested. Well worth the expense. There are a lot of great suggestions that have been made on this forum, but in the end I decided to follow the ones by Garry Kemp and Greg. Also make sure you have the block align bored (honed). Do this after having the dowels added. You can get the dowels from Dave Bean, probably others as well. If you need information I have been storing information sent me on this update for a while and can send it to you. You can reach me at deiland1@elp.rr.com .