View single post by Greg Fletcher
 Posted: 12-13-2006 10:45 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Greg Fletcher

Yes, this will be a cool car when done. If it's a fast road car, I don't think adding a support plate to the block is the best use of resources. Some extra doweling could be desirable, but even at that I'm not sure if I'd do it to my car.

If you're on-board with an improved head and the cost of porting, I'd consider a pair of 104 cams as those will really take advantage of increased air flow. A number of owners run 104s on road cars. Uprated valve springs are a good choice on either. I'd recommend you find a good machine shop that knows Lotus heads for the porting and assembly. Remember, it's always cheaper to pay more up front to have it done once than have it redone multiple times (I can't tell you how often I've heard that happen).

A light wieght connecting rod, like Carrillos are great, go-fast bits, but figure $900 for a set. The stock ones are quite durable and just need a precision balance. On the pistons, I'd say it's important that they are a matched set and all weight exactly the same when you're ready to install.

The Pertronix Ignitor is a simple, durable and superior unit. For the money it's a big improvement. I wouldn't use anything else.

I'd add a proper, high quality 3 row radiator to go with all this. The original 2 row is a bit of a joke.