View single post by Ron Earp
 Posted: 12-09-2006 03:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ron Earp

I seriously looked at the coil over solution too, because that is legal for me in IT.  But, I didn't see how I could make it work with the existing A arms.

I did put on re-valved shocks and made a lot of springs for the front and rear. On the rear I went to a common 2.25" ID race spring because they are cheap and readily available. I'm running a pair of 250lb springs now and I think they will be about right.

Up front I had a few sets of specific springs made from:

http://www.coilsprings.com

They are good, and cheap. A set of custom front springs with 3.25" ID at 600lb rate was right at $150 a pair, think they were 11" overall length. I made some at 500lbs, 650lbs, and I think the last set was 450lb. All are slightly different lengths and the set on the car now gets the A arm about 1.5" off the bump stop, actually, there is no bump stop so 1.5" off the subframe. I think it is too close and I'll have to go to a slightly longer spring.

Morale of the story is if you need some spring made call those guys at coilsprings.com.  Much less expensive than any race spring places, they do good work, and as a family business are easy to work with.  No, I don't get kick backs just pleasantly suprised to find a good place like that to work with.

Ron