View single post by SportsRodder
 Posted: 04-21-2005 02:55 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
SportsRodder

It is neither better nor worse just different.  My first intention was to restore the Jensen until until I found the engine was in need of serious attention.  Upon removal and dissasembly  I found the pistons frozen in the liners and one exhaust vavle seriuosly burned.  At that time I was computer illiterate and unaware of Delta Motor Sports.  Finding parts hard to find and expensive I chose to replace the twincam with a small block I had sitting in the corner of my garage.  Would I do it again?  I don't know I found the change challenging and it satisfied my need for creativity.

I appreciate  the persistance and attention to detail of those who restore their cars. At the various events I have attended I find I like the results.  So far as my need for horsepower goes many years ago I raced  a RCA Formula Vee and despite its lack of horspower and speed, it topped out at about 110 mph, it was an esperience I would not trade for anything.  As a young hotrodder I did some drag racing and found I enjoyed the turn around at speed at the end of the strip more fun than the speed itself.  I know my Jensen will never have the kind of precise handling that my formula vee had and I suspect twincam Jensens have.

Enough of my revery I hope some of you will find this Topic interesting.