View single post by j23mau
 Posted: 11-28-2006 03:26 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
j23mau

I pulled the tranny Sunday and am attempting to replace the rear seal of the transmission.  The new seal is from Delta and looks to be too tight.   The seal needs to be inset about an 1/8th of an inch in order for the clip to fit back in place.  Other than brute force and a rubber mallet, is there a good way to install this? 

There is some minor cracking around the lip where the clip holds in.  Should I look at replacing the transmission all together?  It appears the lip is still 90% intact. 

Second question, should I bother with the front seal on the tranny.  It looks to be a little more complicated than the rear and doesn't appear to be leaking from there.

Third thing, I believe that the rear seal on the engine needs replaced. (mostly due to the large amounts of oil loss while driving.)  Should I replace the clutch, pressure plate and pinion bearing (I was going to replace the pinion anyways).  I think there may be some oil that leaked on them.  Better safe than sorry right?  

On installing the engine seal and the pinion bearing, are there any tips, tricks, or warnings getting into this...

Jeremy Mau

14289 - JH - Iowa City, Iowa