View single post by SportsRodder
 Posted: 04-21-2005 02:42 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
SportsRodder

I know most of you are purists who disdain those with the temerity to tamper with the most excellent engineering of Jensen Healeys, however some of us less pure of heart do it any way for various reasons.  Some race, some can't find original parts and some change things because they believe they can do what the factory should have done.  I fall in the last category.

In any case I believe we should have a place to discuss and just plain cuss our cars; so this will be that place if the Jensen Gods allow.

JHC #19147, my sportsrod, began its second life in a salvage yard in San Pedro.  I saw it there and didn't know what it was but fell in love with it anyway.  That was in 1983.  Since then I found that Lotus Twin Cam engines are rather expensive to repair and decided to go with an engine I could afford and knew how to work on.  Said engine is a small block Chevy, a 327 of1969 vintage.  It has been a long and frustrating journey justified completely by a vicious exhaust note and long black stripes behind.

HTL"Pat" Connor