View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 11-16-2006 09:55 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

Guys, i agree on using the JHPS dizzies or the one DMS is selling. But what i can conclude from what is said by Judson and others is that one can apparently use an general MGB dizzy which 123Ignition is actually selling! I'm still wary that it might leak, which is still why i personally would not go for the 123ignition dizzy.

But what you guys seem to miss is that the 123Ignition dizzy has 16 advance curves one can tap into by using simply a screw driver!! This means no changing weights and springs! In other words the 123Ignition dizzy seems like a great alternative!

Setting static timing with the built-in LED light make things easy, optimal tuning by having the choice of 16 advance curves, spark balancing and there is more.

I chose a safer and cheaper route using an Esprit dizzy and built my own Pertronix ignitor in and will use it with my MSD and Pertronix coil. My advance curve may not be optimal for my engine but it will work fine. But if i didn't already have an MSD, Pertronix Ignitor and coil and if the 123Ignition MGB version dizzy would fit AND not leak oil then i would certainly buy that item as it replaces the MSD and top of it i can tune my 2.2L engine optimal with the 16 advance curves, spark balancing, static timing LED etc..  It would be cheaper and offers tuning for the amateur.

It would be the next best thing well after crankfired ignition, hence my remark about the JHPS asking 123Ignition for an MGB version may be as Judson also did with his dizzy with extra oil seal added for the 907..

I would be really curious and interested in it.

Erik

Last edited on 11-16-2006 09:58 am by Harkes