View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 11-08-2006 04:27 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

It looks like we were Both wrong on this one or we were both right. Not real sure which!

I spoke with the Factory today and they have emailed me back with an offer. They will make 10 Aluminum Flywheels without the ring gears for the 2.2L Lotus Non-Turbo engine 1980-1990 at a cost of $350 each. We would have to mount our old ring gear to the new flywheel. Turns out they lost their supplier for the ring gears so they discontinued the flywheel. I will definitely purchase one but that leaves 9 more that would have to be presold.

On another front, I also spoke with Dave Bean today about this situation which they were not aware of. They informed me they could supply the ring gears to Fidanza and would call them. I gave them my cell number and they said they would call me back to let me know what happens.

Anyone interested in an Aluminum Flywheel for your JH or Lotus 2.0L or 2.2L better cross their fingers and pray that Fidanza will make us some Aluminum Flywheels. If they don't I do know of a small company that will make them for $1200 each to order.