View single post by RexxWonder
 Posted: 10-27-2006 06:27 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
RexxWonder

Hello all,

I am a new member and hope to draw upon the vast knowledge banks here for help. Firstly, I recently bought a 73 JH to rebuild with my son. My dad rebuilt a 74 Alfa Spyder with me and not only was it a great Father-Son experience, but fantastically fun first car and the advantage of knowing it inside-out helped me to appreciate the maintenance requirements.

Anyway...we purchased #11142 and have done a bit of work on it together since May. As we near finish, I bought a hood (there was originally a funky, warped old fiberglass hood bolted in place) and as I placed it on the car my heart sunk. The front end is horribly mis-matched. It was unnoticable until now, but the driver's side headlight and frame-end are about 1 1/2 inches further front than the passenger.

I am now in a dilemma. I have not told my son about my discovery. I sent it to a body shop under the auspices of getting it painted. I am worried that the estimate will be ridiculous for a car I have already spent about $1200 on already. So...my option is to buy another member's JH from this website.

My big question is...does anyone know or have any experience with shipping? I will need to ship from S. Cal to Austin, TX. The car is reasonably priced and I would go for it, but the price of shipping may again blow my budget. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited on 10-27-2006 06:30 pm by RexxWonder