View single post by Dan (Florida)
 Posted: 10-17-2006 11:52 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan (Florida)

19444 is in fair shape, good enough to show on Saturday nights at the local "run what you brought" shows.  Being relatively rare in Florida it gets it's share of  lookers who either never saw one or remember one from the past. I show the car along with a home built "steam engined mini bike" that really draws a crowd and a 4 lb. Chihuahua dog that draws in whatever is left.  I end up answering questions from all sides for hours and thoroughly enjoy the evening.  The only concern is that I can't seem to say enough about the car  without going into a drawn out conversation.  I'd like to be able to  explain the whole Jensen Healy  car story in a few sentences on a printed card.  Most people passing by won't read more than a few lines but would like to know more about the car without going into details.  The car deserves better billing than the dog but at the present isn't doing to well.  At present I'm thinking the card should read:

1973 Jensen Healey Roadster, a very sporty British  sports car built around
the high revving 907 Lotus 4 cyl engine and components from Chrysler, sunbeam, Triumph, and Vauxhaul.
 The Jensen Healey won SCCA National Championships
for three years in relatively stock configuration.
  High Cost, poor initial quality
control, and the American desire for higher horsepower caused it's downfall
in 1976.   
 The car retains a dedicated following, mostly on the west coast, and is considered to be  a true bargain for those that still have a flair for the exotic.

Can anyone add or detract from this????   I'm no author or poet, but It would be a nice  society project to develop  a useable and printable explanation and sales pitch
for the car.

watcha think??
Dan