View single post by Ron Earp
 Posted: 10-11-2006 01:50 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ron Earp

The LED 1157 and 1156 replacements are not that expensive on Ebay. I bought a few for my race trailer because they always burn out on the loading door that gets banged around opening and closing. Trailers are always in need of some repair, always. Sort of like a JH.

I also have two 1156s in the JH race car too because we've found they burn out on race cars a lot too - lots of banging and bashing on armco. Last ones I bought were about $8 each, not a bad price for something you won't have to worry about replacing.

Just be careful when you buy them they point in the right direction. Since the LEDs are highly directional if you have some that point straight out from the socket they won't be very visible in the lens area. They make them that come out at different angles, etc. to accomidate various bulb/socket orientations.

Here are a lot on Ebay for around $20 a pair, lots of colors too!

http://motors.search.ebay.com/LED-1157_Car-Truck-Parts_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfgtpZQQfmmdZQQfmmkZQQfposZ27511QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfyhiZQQfyloZQQlopgZQQmppfqyZLEDQ201157QQsacatZ6030QQsadisZ200QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

R

Last edited on 10-11-2006 01:54 am by Ron Earp