View single post by stg
 Posted: 09-19-2006 02:44 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
stg

Thanks Edward!

And believe it or not, I could weld at one point in my life...I guess now would be a good time to revitalize that skill :)

I think we'll probably spent the winter dismantling and cataloging and hoping that in as short as a decade we'll hear 18414 roar to life again. My son is an Aerospace Engineering major and I know he'd love to have a hand in it. (except he will try to put titanium everywhere he can :) )While we're at it, maybe we should just use the wind tunnel to get the leaves and clingy bits off  and to test how straight she...isn't :)

We are not in a hurry as we have a fun JH to drive and if not anything else, we can really see how these great cars were built!

I know it will get to the point where I will walk in to my friend's garage, point at the trailer with a body, that I took to get prepped and painted professionally, and boxes of parts and beg to have his his chief mechanic ( who used to own a British auto repair shop) put her back together. But that is okay. It's the journey, right?

Thanks again,

Suzanne

Last edited on 09-19-2006 09:01 pm by stg