View single post by stg
 Posted: 09-18-2006 03:01 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
stg

Don't discount your daughter just yet.

I had an LBC when I was 19 and knew very well the tender loving care it needed and I was more than willing to give it. I did what I knew I could and hired the right people to do what I couldn't. I only let it slip to a perfect new owner when I had children and had to transfer my care focus :) If my father or grandfather had owned it, I would have never ever sold it. Girls do get attached to cars too...I still know where the Big Healey is and get christmas cards!

I am mechanically inclined but not compared to one of my brothers.  He was truly gifted and taught me a lot just by living in the same house. I believe he started his first rebuild with my grandfather before he went to kindergarten. He was constantly taking things out of the throw away pile, fixing them, and giving them back to my mom all through elementary school. It came to pass that he had a very mechanical job, of course. He never could leave his cars alone, they just needed (fill in the blank) so he had to have at least 2 cars at all times...and a Ducati, but that's another story

My other brother keeps his mechanic very well housed and probably bought them their last several boats, too! He could tell you where the battery is and *maybe* the carburetor, but guaranteed anything he drives has fuel injectors.:) His cars are beautifully cared for and alway have been. Mint comes to mind when you see them.

I guess what I'm saying is we all love cars, but each has a different way of caring for them...but they all get top notch care.

Give the girl a chance... Besides, she'll be in her 40's before you even need to worry about this...enough time for a JH nest egg to be built up by her as part of the inheiritance stipulation, if that will make you feel more secure with it's furture? :)

If not...put me on the list! I have references :)

Suzanne