View single post by stg
 Posted: 09-08-2006 08:01 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
stg

The "Rescue" (Thanks to a wonderful guy who spotted this little one on the way to tow city) has a hard top and 5 wheels, so already worth the recovery :) It's about 4 hours north, but I need to go up there anyway, so not a hassle.

Pictures are starting to come in...The  4 speed for sale seems to have a few obvious rust spots and a poor bondo job on the hood (new pics, and the guy seems to be trying to be very honest. Said up front ist isn't a show car) Haven't seen the interior, but it would have to be quite lovely to put it in the 5 speed's catagory.

It may be one of those Great from 20 feet and okay to livable from 10 kinda situations.

Drivability is listed as "excellent" on the 4 speed and "runs fantastic" on the 5 speed.

Beauty contest I think the 5 speed would win hands down.

The 4 speed seems to be really driven, and the 5 speed's owner seems kind of afraid to drive it (?) for fear of ruining it, I believe. The farthest the 5 speed was driven at one time by this owner was about 180 miles.

The more I type, the more I seem like I am trying to talk myself into the 4 speed when I know the 5 speed is probably a better spend. But the 4 speed seems to need help that we could give...crud...I'm hopeless!