View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 08-23-2006 07:55 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

my sympathy for what happened to your car.

to come back to your questions: you want to upgrade as in make it more modern, reliable, faster? You can go as far as you want to go! Lotus developed the 907 into 910 and 912 for the Esprit and it went from 2.0L 907 to 2.2L. from dizzy to crank fired ignition. from dellorto's to turbo's to fuel injection...

fuel ignition will get you a more efficient fuel consumption and also little powergain especially in combination with crankfired ignition.

just depends on your budget and if you want to keep your car as much as stock or not. Me personnally: i chose 2.0L 907 block and the later 2.2L head, with x-drilled 2.2L lotus crank with HC cam carriers and covers, with 45E dellortos (38 chokes) and Pertronix II ignition. It was built by Garry Kemp and my JH just passed MOT so it is finally legal to take it on the roads and i now get to brake it in.

If i am to change anything, then it will be the dizzy/pertronix and MSD set up and switch over to crankfired ignition. No more mis firing and oil leaks into dizzy cap. Also better timing curves are possible since fully programmable and rev limiter in one.

anyway before you do anything consider a 2.2L cross drilled crank and hotter cams together with dellortos and eletronic ignition. You can always go to fuel injection and/or crankfired ignition.

good luck in your rebuild and let us know what you decide to do. I would advise you contact Judson Manning. He has also build many engines and is very knowledgeable about them and knows where to get parts. He can get you going pretty quick.

for all of you interested how Garry Kemp's engine looks like with fuel injection and crankfired ignition here are some pics: Courtesy of Garry Kemp.

Attachment: Mvc-022s.jpg (Downloaded 76 times)

Last edited on 08-23-2006 08:01 am by Harkes