View single post by Jim Ketcham
 Posted: 08-20-2006 01:10 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jim Ketcham

Norm,

Last question first.  The supplier from Italy, Alpha1750, has been excellent with all my orders and ships promptly (1 to 2 week delivery).

First question - It does not surprise me that carbs that have been out of service have leaky seals.  My general rule for any used carb is to clean and replace all gaskets and seals with an overhaul kit.  These kits are relatively inexpensive and are on eBay all the time.  As a matter of fact, Alpha1750 sells them, as well as, JHPS.

More importantly, it will give you the opportunity to check the jetting and document the setup of the carb for future performance tuning and comparison to the specs that other JH owners have.

Also, the diaphragm spring is not attached to the diaphragm.  At least not in any Dellortos that I have worked on. 

Second question- The float pin (float fulcrum bar) taps out of the float bowl cover very carfully.  Since the float bowl cover is cast alum. be careful not to pry or tap on it as it will easily crack, especially the arm with the vertical slot in it.

Good luck,

Jim