View single post by Rick Willard
 Posted: 08-15-2006 02:02 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Rick Willard

An update for those of you that provided me your input, and anyone else curious...the clutch is done and fixed.  As I mentioned before, the problem was the pilot bearing.  Some of you might know that I had the infamous "dead guy's engine" in my car initially.  That engine was installed with new clutch parts including the pilot bearing.  Well, after we determined that engine was not ready for prime time, and it was removed, the machine shop that built the new engine with the 2.2 crank moved the pilot bearing from the crank in the dead guy's engine to the new one.  That was likely where the mistake was made.

Luckily, those of us in Southern California have access to Viking Motorsports.  Because I've had such a difficult rebuild the past several months created by problems caused by poor machine shop work; and because they MIGHT have (perhaps should have) caught this before the tranny was mated back to the new engine...I think they felt pretty sorry for me.  They actually backed the work, and discarded any invoice they had brewing.  I didn't even have to ask them.

Can't say it enough.  For those of you anywhere near Southern California looking for a good place to take your Jensen...Viking Motorsports is definitely a solid option.

Cheers,

Rick Willard