View single post by alverman
 Posted: 08-06-2006 01:52 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
alverman

hi all, al here

new to the jensen healey circle. i learned to drive in an austin healey bug eyed sprite, on a road course with my sisters first husband, they were into racing in the mid '60's and i was 15...oh how much fun i had.  but life got in my way soon after and i put my dream of a sport car on hold...then pretty much forgot about it except for flashes of memory from time to time. always thinking that this kind of car was

A: impractical for a family man. 

B: too expensive.

C: i had grown too large to fit.

my dear wife passed away last oct. and i have been looking for something to raise my spirits and just recently  ran across a j-h in an add on the internet, the price was unbelievably low...must sell etc. so i went to look, fell in love, and i actually fit ! i made a quick deal and brought home my prize friday evening july 28. sat. morning i was taking care of legal stuff and on the way home it burst into flames, creating a lot of black smoke and visions of financial ruin. the fire was quickly extinguished by a nearby police officer and it was not a total cinder but the carbs, batt, and all else in that area looks like a marshmallow at a campout.  my dream has been put on hold untill insurance decides what to do. and i sit here with a smelly, yellow unuseable toy.

i joined this society because in the short time between joy and sorrow a latent love of the british sport car has been rekindled and i want to be a part of its family.

hope i will fit in

al verman