View single post by Steve[uk]
 Posted: 07-30-2006 09:53 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Steve[uk]

Judson,

Thanks for the info it is certainly worth a go,

On the crankcase pessure thing, the hose from the breather that comes via the oil filler is just loose as it has different air filters. I thought there maybe too much pressure as when I was trying to establish were all the oil was coming from I notice it was even coming out of the dip tube.  I thought that this was due to a poor fitting dipstick and replaced it with a better fitting alternative ( obviously marked off to the same high low level). maybe this is also due to too much pressure inside the crankcase ?.

Ive only had the car a couple of months and its been standing for a while with little use before I took ownership of it.

I'll give it a go and let you know how i get on. If I can at least stop it so it's only an occaisional drip i can live with that.

Funny thing is you can rev it in the garage all day and it won't leak which is why I couldnt see the problem  straight away, it only when you take it for a spin and come back you can see it dripping. Would putting the original airfilter setup back on and connecting the breather pipe back onto the airbox add any sort of back pressure and help, or would it make it worse.

Many thanks for your help

Steve