View single post by flatlanderep
 Posted: 06-25-2006 03:13 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
flatlanderep

class="post"Hi everyone, new member here, and I apologize in advance for the long post....
I realize that there are many other threads with topics similar to these but mine is kinda specific.
I have a 74 Jensen Healey and the tensioner bearing is bad. So I need to switch out the timing belt while I'm at it. Here's the scenario. While putting engine at TDC, the tensioner was so shot, that the belt slipped a bit when rotating the engine with the crankshaft bolt. Thus the exhaust and intake cams aren't aligned anymore. Ugh. Then to make matters worse, in an effort to remove the tensioner bearing I tried to loosen the crankshaft bolt (turning counter clockwise) and rotated the whole pulley counter clockwise!! The piston was obviously moving because I checked it for TDC again. Man I think I messed up big time.....So my question is basically, have I messed up beyond repair? Or can I put it all back together and start from square one? I'm just worried about rotating that crankshaft pulley counter clockwise, (bent valves maybe?) Any help is appreciated.........I'd love to get it back on the road....