View single post by Ron Earp
 Posted: 04-13-2005 02:15 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ron Earp

A couple of weeks ago I went to Henderson NC with the hopes of getting a JH motor to be built into a race spare. This fellow who owned a lot of Brit cars passed away and his daughter was selling off the cars.

She had two JHs there, 18612 and 18636, both basket cases and in bad shape.  Both engines and trannies were there, but all the interior stuff was all over the place with probably 50% missing.  The Tin Worm has claimed these chassis - they might be salvagable but I seriously doubt it, they were in bad shape.

Anyhow, she would not part with the engines and wanted $3000 for both cars with all parts.  Too much.  I told her as much but of course she thinks I am out to scam her, not true.  Just wanted some motors for a few hundred each. 

At any rate, whoever keeps track of these things, JH 18612 and 18636 are dead in my opinion, I don't see them being brought back to life as they were in very, very, very bad shape. Motors were okay though, one in the car was protected and one under a work bench, but she won't part them.

Ron