View single post by Rick Willard
 Posted: 06-16-2006 04:53 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Rick Willard

Hey Guys,

First, thanks again to all of you that took the time out of your day to help out a fellow Jensen owner.  I’m grateful for that regardless of whatever the outcome was going to be.  All the good advice and assistance paid off this morning.  Many of you won’t be surprised to know that the missing spark in my car was actually found several miles from my house in a Petronix Ignitor box.  Hmmmm.  It should have been pretty obvious to look there for it, as many of you know first hand, but…I’m a little slow here, guys.  

Anyway, I have the good fortune of having Greg Fletcher a short drive away here in Southern Cal, so it didn’t take me long to get the parts that I needed.  Greg and I took a good look at my “new” points, condenser, etc last night, and we agreed that they looked pretty lousy – especially for having been used only 400 miles.  Anyway, it was time to get rid of those things once and for all.

I switched to the Petronix, and got all the right connections fixed up.  Lo and behold…the darn thing fired right up.  I re-dialed the timing, and it sounds…just like a good JH should.  Yahoooooo!  Just in time for Father’s Day!  

Thanks again to all of you in the Jensen Community for your help!

Rick