View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 05-23-2006 01:55 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

I noticed that I can get the Accusump in a 1, 2 and 3 quart capacity. The ones I looked at came with the electric valve and pressure guage. What is the best size to put on a Jensen Healey with a 2.2L conversion street car? If I ever get my car back on the road my son would like to take it out on a track sometime. I figure if I ever get a chance at a track day somewhere I would let him do some track time. Other than those few times we might get a chance during a club meet, or some big event, where we could get some track time, it would only be used on the street. The difference in cost is so minor between the three Accusump sizes it would have no affect on which one to purchase. Does the rare time or two that it might see some track use warrant installing an Accusump at all and if so what size? Are there any special adapters or hoses needed to connect it to my JH engine and if so where would I purchase these parts? My opinion so far is it is worth installing if just for the ability to pre-oil the engine at start-up.