View single post by Dan Sommerfeld
 Posted: 05-09-2006 06:00 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Sommerfeld

Hi,

After putting this off for a couple years I decided it would do more good to post this now rather than tweaking the file until it got lost somewhere.

Two years ago I started a project in CorelDraw to simulate the paint colors for an upcoming repaint of my car.   The project got a little bit out of hand and when I updated to the newest version of Corel the file messed up needing to be rebuilt.  Well, I finally have most of the glitches out of it and I don't have the time to finish some of the weak areas, so I thought I'd post this now. 

The attached image is a 2D representation of the side profile of a Jensen Healey.  The color of the car and the background can be modified to meet specific needs.  I will attach 3 posts with different color cars. 

Maybe this will give me some motivation to finish the work both on the virtual car and on my neglected car in my garage. 

I was hoping to create a flash program to let everyone change the color of the car online by manipulating some color sliders, but I don't know if that is feasible.

Let me know what you think.  If you want a couple more colors posted let me know (a pantone number is helpful).

Dan Sommerfeld

Attachment: Jensen Side Profile V5.jpg (Downloaded 206 times)