View single post by Brett Gibson JH5 20497
 Posted: 05-09-2006 01:40 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

I'm having a problem getting heat into the car and have a couple of questions that hopefully some one can answer for me.

My plumbing is all hooked up and at one time I did have heat, but now I think my problem is in the two vacumn type valves, the water flow valve in the engine compartment, if I put vacumn on it, it will hold, and makes a noise like something is doing it's job, but if I drive the car with it disconnected, no heat, if I run a vacumn line to it from the manifold, and drive the car still no heat.

The little vacumn valve inside the car on the side of the heater box, how do you check it, am I correct in assuming that once the lever arm contacts it, that it sends vacumn to the water flow valve in the engine comp. or does it do something else.

So if my assumption is correct, and the little one provides vacumn, and when I drive with manifold vacumn on the flow valve and get nothing, then my problem is with the flow valve ???, so if I take it off, put a piece of pipe in and get heat, then it's definatly the flow valve, so what can be done to the flow valve to check or repair it, or is it a throw away and a call to Delta is in my future, or is it generic enough to pick up local.

Just one last thing, has anyone mounted that flow valve in a differant location than over the Jensen Healey name on the bottom valve cover, seem's a shame to block it off just for plumbing. 

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.          Brett.