View single post by Ron Earp
 Posted: 04-26-2006 08:17 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ron Earp

Brian, again, I definitely didn't mean anything negative by the use of "that thing".  In my Southern vernacular that is the way I speak about things in general and didn't mean any offense. 

However, since it appears you will not let the issue go, per your email this morning I do take offense at being called an "a$$hole" for the comment.  As I replied this morning in my email to you at 921AM:

-----
Brian,

My wording of "that thing" is not meant to be negative toward your car and I wish you wouldn't take it that way.  It is just the way I generally speak about objects.  If it really is a horrible thing to say I'll change the post to "that car", your car, or whatever you like.  Your JH, as I mentioned on the forum last year, is the nicest one I have ever seen in person, flat out beautiful. 

Simply because we disagree on what makes a good motor for a car isn't a reason to call me an a$$hole, at least I don't think. I'm not a bad fellow and generally very helpful to any gear heads in the area any time that I can be.

Regards,

Ron

----

Again, I apologize if I've upset you with my choice of wording.  It was not my intent at all.  My intent was to simply indicate a couple of things:

*Stromberg motors are oft times maligned, to the point where people unfortunately write them off as not being able to produce power

*It does not take an expensive motor build to produce a 907 that makes good power, it takes a good builder with a good understanding of matching things up who doesn't necessarily have to be the most expensive or best known.

I'd be happy to help and tune your motor and help out with dyno runs, as I told you last year.  I'm in good with the two local dyno shops and will get mine over once I do the radiator and oil cooler fixes. You are welcome to bring your car too if you like and I'll be happy to assist with the work. And you're welcome to drive my car if you like.

Best,

Ron

Last edited on 04-26-2006 08:38 pm by Ron Earp