View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 04-20-2006 08:46 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

Well done Judson! i'm about to mate my W58 to my 2.2L engine this weekend and i could surely learn from what you did with the gear stick lever. My W58 came with the Toyota short shifter, which is dead straight. looks very good, but won't fit according to my calculations and just like you experienced.

the cable bracket i hadn't thought about, but your solutions seems to work well and i'll copy that if you don't mind.

when you depress your clutch and your T/O bearing travels towards the pressure plate it will surely go over the toothed shaft; doesn't it then become wobbly?

we discussed this before, but mine T/O bearing looked same as yours and when i depressed the clutch then it became wobbly, which is why i sourced the Conversion Components nose cone with the extension. I'll make pictures which show the matter.

please send me some pictures of the gearstick lever mods if and when you can.

Oh and BTW...your engine surely can use a gbox that can actually handle the extra horsepower. i'm sure the 4sp would give in after some time of abuse whereas the W58 can handle up to 300BHP! The 5sp overdrive makes it a real nice cruiser, and when you feel the need for speed..shift back to fourth..and have a blast..  :)

Cheers, erik

Last edited on 04-20-2006 08:46 am by Harkes