View single post by Dan Eiland
 Posted: 04-10-2006 03:18 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Eiland

Greg and Judson mention the ACL bearings. What are these ACL bearings and how do they compare to the Vandervell bearings that came with my 2.2 Crank? What can I realistically expect so far as the reliability of my engine with the 2.2 upgrade, 104 cams, larger ss exhaust valves and the JE 10.5:1 pistons without all the other upgrades? I'm not looking to build an all out race engine. I just want an affordable and reliable street performance engine. I don't want to turn a bearing at 3000 miles or have a 190 to 200 hp engine that overheats in the middle of the summer when it is 115 degrees outside and I have the AC on inside the car. I am sure I have the non-cross drilled crank with the Vandevell bearings supplied by Delta to match the crank. I know the bottom end was not modified with additional dowels, but I was considering having this done. Now I'm reading that I should have done this first then had the engine align bored. Can I go back and have this done without causing a problem? This is why I originally asked if someone had put together something on doing a 2.2L conversion so people like myself can collect all the parts and have the work done slowly in order to afford doing this at all.