View single post by Mark Rosenbaum
 Posted: 04-08-2006 05:39 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Mark Rosenbaum

Rex Craft wrote: Mark, I too appreciated the torque info on the drawing.  I was just frustrated when I made my original comment. I also compared to the shop manual and concluded the flat side was shown down, so, I wasn’t blaming all on you.

What it boils down to is that I made a statement that was inaccurate because it was based on bad data (the factory drawing).  I'm at least as annoyed and frustrated as everyone else involved.  But when I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and whenever that happens I certainly hope someone points it out before I get out too far on a limb.

Fortunately, due to the Magic of the Internet (tm), the mistake got discovered early enough that people are likely to make a mental connection between the early (wrong) comment and the later (correct) ones.  Hopefully when this issue resurfaces at some future date, it is the correct answer that will be recalled.  And perhaps Greg can print a correction in a future issue of the magazine.

I figure the pointing and laughing, snide comments, and rude gestures, will die out in a year or two... just in time for my next major gaffe.  :^}