View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 04-07-2006 08:46 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

Hi all, i was wondering. I don't have the original Jensen radio in the car and no speakers or anything yet. I do wish to have a nice stereo set but the modern day equipments looks too modern in the dash if you ask me.

all that funky displays with screaming and moving colours..mmm  no, not for me

now i'm thinking of installing a satin black iPod Nano with the chrome backing. Black and chrome and no ugly buttons or anything. Moreover, i take it out as soon as i step out of the car and I can put as many mp3 on it as i could put cd's in a 10disc changer!

enough of this Apple commercial.

The idea is: i want to connect the iPod to an 4way amplifyer and built speakers in the doors, where they are supposed to be and may be some in the mid console??? (i have seen this from other owners..)

Has anyone done this or is anyone thinking of this or has ideas about this? To me, it seems like the best solution which doesn't clutter my dash (i'm getting a new dash from madera concepts without the opening for a regular radio/casette/cd player.

also what type of speakers fit in the doors (i need size) and /or in the midconsole? any place in the car where i can tuck away a small woofer?

Oh...i got those fabulous chrome speaker covers you find in the Jensen GT!!!

Erik