View single post by frankenstang57
 Posted: 03-16-2006 10:19 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
frankenstang57

I'm new here, so hello! I'm also new to JH's as well. Over the years I've owned and still own several Triumphs, so I'm not new to British cars. I've also been competing in the GRM $200X Challenge for the last 5 years, with an extremely slow BB powered Mustang. Anywhoo, Here's what up. I recently bought a '73 JH from a local salvage yard. The car was donated to a charity in Ca. and the yard was acting as their agent in Co. They could not give me title with the car, but just a bill of sale stating "parts only." (I actually had the title in my hand, but they wouldn't give it up, sure happy to take my money tho!) Since the charity is out of state, the car would need to go to Ca. to be titled then brought back in order to be legal. So a 100% complete car is now taken off the road for good due to a @#$!~#! bureaucracy. As I said the car is complete, starts and runs, but has no oil pressure and most likely needs an engine rebuild. Now the story gets a little stranger... A friend of mine picked up another car for me, and dropped it off at my house while I was out of town.(in return of a favor) It's a JH5 minus the motor. It still has the 5spd though. I didn't get a title, but I should be able to bond for one with no problem.(it has Ca. plates on it!) I was thinking about removing the motor from the non-registerable car, using it in the JH5, and building a V-8 powered car for the GRM $2006 Challenge.(yes, yes, SBC are cheap, cheap to build, and fun to blow up!) What do you guys think? Any suggestions on registering the '73? The VIN has been entered into the system as being "crushed", so it's a dead number. I forgot to mention, both cars are rust free, and both are white with black interiors. Here's a link, http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/Second-Jensen and http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/album239?page=5