View single post by Joel
 Posted: 03-15-2006 02:50 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Joel

Does anyone have a link to some photos - or a copy of the Service bulletin that covers the oil pump clearances, etc? 

I took off my carbs and manifold today.  And since (I'm sure  you all remember) the last time I drove the car the oil pressure started plummeting at temperature - I figured I should just take a look at the oil pump as well.  I didn't take off the entire pump - just the end where the distributor fits in.  To my untrained eye it doesn't look so bad. . .I haven't gotten out the feeler guage yet but the lobes seem quite tight together. . .

Everyone (including Bean Engineering) thinks I've got a problem w/ my front carb (Strombergs).  Everyone things this is probably why I'm firing intermittetly on the from 2 cylinders.  Instead of dinking around w/ the strombergs - I have a freshly rebuilt pair of Dellorto 40E's that I'm going to put on them.  Even more variables!!!

Only one more problem then I'll let everyone alone for a bit :-) .  When I took off the Carbs and manifold - i didn't drain the radiator - so unfortunately, I got some h20 in some of the valves and of course a little bit of water in the cylinder that the valves were open on.  I sopped it all out and sprayed everything down real well w/ WD40.  Then I turned the engine over by hand a couple of times and sprayed it down again.  Does everyone figure that's good enough?  I took out the plugs and sprayed everything w/ WD40 to try to make sure that I dissipated all the h2O. 

Who knows, I might even have it running again in a coupla weeks. 

Cheers,